librarylass

The Library Lass Booklikes Blog

Nightwalker
Allyson James
Bless Your Mechanical Heart
Seanan McGuire;Fiona Patton;Lucy A. Snyder;Jean Rabe;M. Todd Gallowglas;Mae Empson;Sarah Hans;Dylan Birtolo;Lillian Cohen-Moore;Christopher Kellen;Jason Sanford;Kerrie Hughes;Minerva Zimmerman;Mark Andrew Edwards;Ken Scholes;Jody Lynn Nye;Peter Clines
Heartless
Gail Carriger

Kneading to Die by Liz Mugavero

Kneading to Die - Liz Mugavero

Kneading to Die is the first in Liz Mugavero's new Gourmet Pet Food Mystery series. This cozy mystery is light and fun, which worked well while I was in the midst of weightier reads. Fans of pet-centric cozy mysteries will likely enjoy this series.
In Kneading to Die, we meet Stan (short for Kristan), who has just lost her corporate PR job, moved to a small town and finds herself almost immediately embroiled in a murder mystery. Stan bakes her pet cat and other dog and cat friends organic treats. The recipes for those treats are included in the book, and I intend to give them a try. The plot is light and the mystery fairly easy to solve, but Kneading to Die was an excellent palate cleanser for me.
Kneading to Die is a great addition to the body of pet-centric cozy mysteries that cozy mystery readers will almost certainly enjoy. Mugavero does a great job of including the pets and organic pet treat recipes in the plot. I look forward to the next installment in this series.

Read this review and more on The Library Lass Book Talk Blog.