librarylass

The Library Lass Booklikes Blog

Nightwalker
Allyson James
Bless Your Mechanical Heart
Seanan McGuire;Fiona Patton;Lucy A. Snyder;Jean Rabe;M. Todd Gallowglas;Mae Empson;Sarah Hans;Dylan Birtolo;Lillian Cohen-Moore;Christopher Kellen;Jason Sanford;Kerrie Hughes;Minerva Zimmerman;Mark Andrew Edwards;Ken Scholes;Jody Lynn Nye;Peter Clines
Heartless
Gail Carriger

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened - Allie Brosh

Based on her popular blog/web comic, Allie Brosh's Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened is a fun, hilarious and relatable read. This graphic novel features Brosh's hyperbolic descriptions of life and her delightful illustrations of those situations. The book reads quickly - I finished it easily in two days.
I found it easy to relate to the situations Brosh describes inHyperbole and a Half and there were certainly some laugh-out-loud moments in the book. That said, there were excessive dog stories (let's face it, I'm heavily biased toward cats not least because of the look one of mine is giving me right now), which I wish had been scaled back a little. That's my only real criticism of the book, however, and it is minor.
Hyperbole and a Half is a delightful read. Readers of Brosh's blog, graphic novels and humorous memoirs will all likely enjoy it. I highly recommend it as a fun and entertaining quick read.
4.5 Stars

Read this review and more on The Library Lass Book Talk Blog.