librarylass

The Library Lass Booklikes Blog

Nightwalker
Allyson James
Bless Your Mechanical Heart
Seanan McGuire;Fiona Patton;Lucy A. Snyder;Jean Rabe;M. Todd Gallowglas;Mae Empson;Sarah Hans;Dylan Birtolo;Lillian Cohen-Moore;Christopher Kellen;Jason Sanford;Kerrie Hughes;Minerva Zimmerman;Mark Andrew Edwards;Ken Scholes;Jody Lynn Nye;Peter Clines
Heartless
Gail Carriger

After Dead by Charlaine Harris

After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse - Charlaine Harris

Charlaine Harris's After Dead is a very short book with updates about what happened to the characters in her Sookie Stackhouse series after the events ofDead Ever After, the last book in the series. This is not a novel but rather an alphabetical listing of characters and what became of them. While it was a quick, fun little diversion, this is not an essential read even for dedicated Sookie fans.
I am in the camp of Sookie fans who loved the way Harris ended the series. I have never watched the HBO series because I am perfectly happy with Harris's written series. However, I am aware that the television series differs substantially from the books and suspect that it is the fans of the television series who disliked the ending of the written series.
In any case, After Dead was a fun and at times touching update about all of the characters in the written series. I enjoyed flipping through it. However, I wish Harris had included a blurb about who each character was and their roll in the series as some have not appeared in the books in years. This series has spanned more than a decade and, I am sorry to say, I do not remember every minor character. That said, this was a fun little book to flip through and fans of the Sookie Stackhouse novels will likely enjoy it.

Read this review and more on The Library Lass Book Talk Blog.