librarylass

The Library Lass Booklikes Blog

Nightwalker
Allyson James
Bless Your Mechanical Heart
Seanan McGuire;Fiona Patton;Lucy A. Snyder;Jean Rabe;M. Todd Gallowglas;Mae Empson;Sarah Hans;Dylan Birtolo;Lillian Cohen-Moore;Christopher Kellen;Jason Sanford;Kerrie Hughes;Minerva Zimmerman;Mark Andrew Edwards;Ken Scholes;Jody Lynn Nye;Peter Clines
Heartless
Gail Carriger

Great audiobook

Scar Tissue - Anthony Kiedis

I'm not usually a huge fan of rock biographies. I've found that they're too often poorly written and interesting only to big fans of whatever musician or band they're about. Therefore, I did not have high hopes when I started listening to Scar Tissue, the story of Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis. Surprisingly, it was excellent - I didn't want to stop listening.
I'm not a big Red Hot Chili Peppers fan - I don't dislike them, but I never really got into their music. However, this memoir was well written and genuinely interesting. Kiedis' brutal honesty about his life worked to shape what could have been yet another story of a narcissistic rock star into a really genuine and believable look at what has been a truly interesting life. Scar Tissue was a fun and interesting audiobook and I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't absolutely despise Kiedis or the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Read this review and more on The Library Lass Book Talk Blog.