librarylass

The Library Lass Booklikes Blog

Nightwalker
Allyson James
Bless Your Mechanical Heart
Seanan McGuire;Fiona Patton;Lucy A. Snyder;Jean Rabe;M. Todd Gallowglas;Mae Empson;Sarah Hans;Dylan Birtolo;Lillian Cohen-Moore;Christopher Kellen;Jason Sanford;Kerrie Hughes;Minerva Zimmerman;Mark Andrew Edwards;Ken Scholes;Jody Lynn Nye;Peter Clines
Heartless
Gail Carriger

Weekends at Bellevue by Julie Holland

Weekends at Bellevue - Julie Holland

Weekends at Bellevue by Julie Holland was an entertaining audiobook. I can't say it was profound to me in any way, or that it will stick with me. However, it fulfilled the purpose I chose it for, which was purely to provide entertainment.
Holland's memoir is about both her experiences as a psychiatrist at Bellevue's psych ER and her experiences in life and therapy. I must admit that the bits about Holland's life were completely uninteresting to me. I found her neither engaging nor sympathetic. However, her stories of life in the psych ER at Bellevue were really interesting, and I would recommend it for those stories alone.
Weekends at Bellevue is an interesting look inside a world I certainly knew very little about. While there were parts of this audiobook I could have skipped, it was largely entertaining. Don't expect a life-changing narrative, but do expect some interesting stories.

Read this review and more on The Library Lass Book Talk Blog.