librarylass

The Library Lass Booklikes Blog

Nightwalker
Allyson James
Bless Your Mechanical Heart
Seanan McGuire;Fiona Patton;Lucy A. Snyder;Jean Rabe;M. Todd Gallowglas;Mae Empson;Sarah Hans;Dylan Birtolo;Lillian Cohen-Moore;Christopher Kellen;Jason Sanford;Kerrie Hughes;Minerva Zimmerman;Mark Andrew Edwards;Ken Scholes;Jody Lynn Nye;Peter Clines
Heartless
Gail Carriger

The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore

The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat - Edward Kelsey Moore

Once in a while I read (or listen to) a book that is so good that I can hardly stand to read anything else for a week. Edward Kelsey Moore's The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat is that kind of book for me. It is one of the best audiobooks I have listened to in years and ruined reading anything else for me for the past week because it is so superior to anything else I have tried since finishing it. This is the feel-good read of the year and I highly recommend it.
The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat tells the story of a group of women who grew up together in Tennessee during the 1960s and '70s. It tells of the good times and the bad, addressing issues such as friendship, fidelity, racism and love. In some ways, The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat reminds me of the movie Soul Food. The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat made me laugh and it made me cry - and it even made me do both at the same time. This book can probably be considered women's fiction and may not appeal to all male readers. However, it is so beautiful, poignant and powerful that I would urge anyone of any gender to give it a try. I listened to this novel on audiobook and the narration was flawless.
The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat is easily going to be in my top five of the year. It is a story about strong women who triumph over a host of challenges through love and friendship. This is a novel which I will likely read or listen to again, which is rare for me, and I would love to choose it as a book club read.

Read this review and more on The Library Lass Book Talk Blog